The Tallgrass Film Association today announced a Call for Entries for the 16th edition of the Tallgrass International Film Festival presented by Consolidated Equities Trust, which will take place October 17-21, 2018 in and around downtown Wichita, Kansas..
The largest independent film festival in the state of Kansas, the 2017 Tallgrass Film Festival received 2000 submissions and screened 182 films (47 features, 135 shorts) from more than 30 countries around the world, to an audience of more than 16,000. Over 80 visiting filmmakers from across around the globe attended the festival, which has been included in MovieMaker Magazine’s annual “50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee” for the last three years.
“Tallgrass is constantly striving to outdo itself. From the programming, to the parties, to the top notch hospitality, whatever it takes to get back to Tallgrass–I’m there.”
– Skye Borgman (Director, FOREVER ‘B’)
TFA is seeking unique storytellers to submit their feature and short film projects through FilmFreeway or Withoutabox.
Deadlines for submissions are as follows:
- January 2, 2018: Submissions open
- April 1, 2018: Early-bird Deadline
- May 1, 2018: Regular Deadline
- June 15, 2018: Late Deadline
- July 6, 2018: Extended Deadline
- October 17-21, 2018: Festival dates
Tallgrass Film Festival will grant cash awards in the following categories:
- Audience Award Winning Documentary Feature: $2,500
- Audience Award Winning Narrative Feature: $2,500
- Stubbornly Independent Gala Winner: $5,000, as well as a gala screening and one- of-a-kind Tallgrass tap handle
- Audience Award Winning Short Documentary Film: $1,000
- Audience Award Winning Short Narrative Film: $1,000
- DOX Spotlight: $1,500, as well as a Spotlight screening and an award
- Best Kansas Filmmaker Documentary Short Film: $500
- Best Kansas Filmmaker Narrative Short Film: $500