In order to further expand their legacy of supporting storytellers, Austin Film Festival, (AFF) is pleased to announce a distinguished panel of judges for its returning Fiction Podcast Script Competition, which includes development heads and creators of successful fiction podcasts such as THE BRIGHT SESSIONS and TUMANBAY. They look forward to connecting audiences with incredible new stories, as well as continuing to connect writers with our incredible judges through a medium that offers unprecedented access to audiences and limitless opportunities to launch new stories.
- Chris Bannon, chief content officer for Stitcher and its growing network of original shows including hit podcasts HEAVEN’S GATE, KATIE COURIC, LEVAR BURTON READS and WOLVERINE: THE LONG NIGHT
- John Dryden, creator of the hit BBC podcast TUMANBAY and Peabody-winning writer/director of audio drama
- Jocelyn Gonzales, executive producer, STUDIO 360
- Lauren Shippen, writer/creator THE BRIGHT SESSIONS, Since its debut in November of 2015, the podcast has won numerous awards, and was named iTunes Best of 2016. Lauren was named one of Forbes 30 Under 30 in Media for 2018
- Tim Street, Vice President, Influence & Production, Authentic
Authentic and Stitcher have officially signed on as sponsors of the competition which is open to scripts for any ongoing series intended for a purely acoustic medium. The final deadline to submit to the Competition is July 6. For more information about the Fiction Podcast Script Competition, click here.
Shippen & Street will also be featured in an exciting slate of audio fiction programming that will take place during the Austin Film Festival’s Writers Conference, October 25 – 28. Along with representatives from Audible, and the writers/creators of the hit podcast, 36 QUESTIONS, Ellen Winter & Chris Littler, plus more to be announced soon! Programming will discuss the art of storytelling within an acoustic medium, as well as the address the nuts and bolts of creating a successful fiction podcast.