Fantastic Fest is pleased to announce this year's Fantastic Fest Award winners. It has been an outstanding year for Features and Shorts, making the job of honoring a select crop all the more difficult, but our esteemed team of jurors have done the nearly impossible and chosen the best films of the festival.
The audience awards are presented by accounting firm Maxwell Locke & Ritter (http://www.mlrpc.com/), who provided the certified tabulation of ballots this year and are the exclusive accounting sponsor of Fantastic Fest.
"MAIN COMPETITION" FEATURES
- Best Picture: DONNYBROOK directed by Tim Sutton
- Best Director: Peter Strickland for IN FABRIC
"NEXT WAVE" FEATURES
- Best Picture/Director: HOLIDAY directed by Isabella Eklöf
- Special Mention for Sébastien Marnier for SCHOOL'S OUT
- Best Picture: TERRIFIED directed by Demián Rugna
- Best Director: Shinichiro Ueda for ONE CUT OF the DEAD
- Special Mention to LUZ directed by Tilman Singer
SHORTS WITH LEGS
- Best Picture: THE PASSAGE directed by Kitao Sakurai
- Special Mention to EMOTION 93 directed by Oz Davidson
SHORT FUSE Presented by Stage 13
- Best Picture: ACID (aka ACIDE) directed by Just Philippot
- Best Picture: SQUIRREL by Alex Kavutskiy
FANTASTIC BUMPER COMPETITION
- DARK BIDDINGS directed by Jensen Yancey
For more information on the films listed above, visit http://fantasticfest.com/films.