Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? The Willis Tower's Skydeck Chicago, the highest observation deck in the United States located on the 103rd floor of the iconic landmark building, announced today it will host a summer-long celebration of the 30th anniversary of Paramount Pictures' fan-favorite movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Beginning May 19, guests and Ferris fans will be able to take part in activities located within Willis Tower and throughout the city of Chicago. Created in conjunction with Paramount Licensing, these celebratory events will commemorate the film, its multi-decade connection to the Windy City, and one of the film's most memorable scenes shot at the Skydeck Chicago 30 years ago:
- Ferris Lookalike Contest: Channel a Ferris Bueller pose and take part in one of the largest Bueller lookalike contests of its kind. On Friday, June 24th, contestants will dress up in their best interpretation of Ferris Bueller and/or members of the cast to win a special Ferris Bueller prize package. For a chance to win, contestants will take a photo in costume on the Skydeck and use the hashtag #FerrisatSkydeck.
- Ferris Stood Here: Guests visiting the Willis Tower's Skydeck can mimic Ferris Bueller in the film's iconic scene, looking down on Chicago from 1,353 feet up on The Ledge. Stand in the exact spot where Ferris stood for a photo opportunity with representations of Sloane and Cameron to feel like part of the gang.
- Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago Food Cart: Chicago's favorite 'Hubby's Dog House' Sausage cart will be transformed into the 'Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago' Food cart serving the finest Abe Froman brats and other lunchtime treats outside Willis Tower. The truck will periodically make its home on Wacker Drive every other Friday beginning Friday, May 20–Friday, August 26th from 12-2pm.
- Take a Ride with Ferris: Guests visiting Willis Tower can take a photograph of themselves alongside a Ferrari California T on the Tower's outdoor Plaza for a chance to feel like Ferris and friends on their joyride through Chicago. The Ferrari California T, provided by Continental AutoSports is the latest release from a distinguished line of California models and the modern day version of the car Ferris drove. Ferris' modern day Ferrari will roll onto the Plaza July 21–23 from 10-2pm.
- Save Ferris: Officially licensed gifts will be available in Willis Tower's Gift Shop.
"Ferris was ahead of his time and over the last 30 years has remained an icon of the screen and pop culture," added Randy Stancik, General Manager, Skydeck Chicago. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Willis Tower have enjoyed a shared legacy since the film's release 30 years ago. Fans continue to visit Willis Tower and the Skydeck to relive the film's iconic moments including our striking views from the world-famous Ledge, 1,353 feet above Wacker Drive. We're thrilled to be working with Paramount Pictures to celebrate this major milestone in the film's history throughout the summer at Willis Tower."
Released by Paramount Pictures on June 11, 1986, Ferris Bueller's Day Off was instantly revered by critics and audiences, becoming one of the top-grossing films of the year. Starring Matthew Broderick, Mia Sara and Alan Ruck, the film follows high school senior Ferris Bueller, who skips school and spends the day in downtown Chicago along with his girlfriend and best friend. In 2014, the film was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry, which recognizes films for their cultural, historic or aesthetic significance. The film will be available on iTunes with behind-the-scenes special features for the first time on May 17 so fans can download it to enjoy again and again.
Visit theskydeck.com for more activities and information on Willis Tower's celebration of the 30th anniversary of Ferris Bueller'sDay Off.